Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back in the saddle

Upon returning home, I decided to go ahead and revisit my Q3 WotF story instead of continuing with Crowmaker this week. I originally had Q3 on my calendar for 4-5 days of next week, but I hit the end of Act I of Crowmaker, so it was a good place to break away to something else. Since the first part of this week wasn't highly conducive to pumping out word count, it also seemed like using what remains of this week for a shorter project seemed a better fit. I did get some thinking-level work done on both projects during drive time, so I don't feel as if I've been completely slacking off. I even made a few quick notes in my Q3 Google Doc over the weekend so I wouldn't lose the thoughts. I did additional thinking and brainstorming and note-making last night, although I have yet to put any of it into the Google Doc yet.

But that will be my focus for the remainder of this week. I doubt you'll see any changes on the word count progress meter, since the rough is technically done and fussing with word count is probably not the best use of my time at this stage of the story. I also have yet to figure out how to show the whole second draft/revision stage of writing a story without getting bogged down in just figuring out how to show it. Probably I'll just make some general notes about what I've done and why, and just post the finished segments or maybe just the finished story. Or something. I'll let you know when I know.

In closing, an appropriate little tidbit pointed out to me by Grizz: XKCD - Upcoming Hurricanes.

No comments: