Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tug-of-me

I've spent roughly two hours so far today trying to dissect the plot for Crowmaker and decide why it's threatening to fizzle on me. It's not that I don't know what to write next so much as what I should write next just doesn't jump up and dance on the page. So maybe it's not really a plotting issue so much as a butt-in-chair, just-DO-it issue. The "this isn't so bad" angel and the "are you kidding, you suck" devil are perched on opposing shoulders and making the whole thought process deal even more challenging. I should perhaps start with some pesticide and then move on to some meditation and deep breathing to clear my head so I can hear the Muse, should she decide to put in an appearance.

The leg is somewhat better. Being able to keep it more or less motionless today has helped immensely.

No comments: