Thursday, June 26, 2008

Refrigerator quotes

As I was standing over the stove and idly stirring the veggies and pondering how my most recent blog entry seemed like it was missing something, I stared blankly at my refrigerator. Now, as some of you may know, my fridge is plastered with kid pictures, kid writings, kid honor certificates, and an assortment of snipped out comic strips and quotes that mean something to me. As often happens, my pondering landed me on a couple of those quotes, which had up until that moment not seemed related in any way at all.


"Any idiot can face a crisis--it's this day-to-day living that wears you out."
~Anton Chekhov


"We can do no great things, only small things with great love."
~Mother Teresa

It's the small things that wear you down. But it's also the small things that can save you. Here's to small things and perspective. And refrigerator quotes.

No comments: